The radio silence comes just one day after the Queen said that when Prince Charles succeeds to the throne, Duchess Camilla will be known as the Queen consort.
On Sunday, February 6, members of the British royal family and other royal houses throughout the world congratulated Queen Elizabeth II on her 70th year on the throne of the United Kingdom. Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle, on the other hand, have yet to officially congratulate the monarch on her platinum jubilee.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who left their royal duties in March 2020 and moved to the United States, have yet to issue a statement in honor of the Queen.
As per Ibtimes, the radio silence comes only one day after the British queen expressed her “sincere wish” for her eldest daughter-in-law Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, to be officially recognized as Queen consort when Prince Charles succeeds her.
Since leaving their royal roles and closing their Sussex Royal Instagram account, the Sussexes haven’t been on social media. They do, however, often update their new charity foundation Archewell’s website with major news about their lives.
When an inquiry into his mother Princess Diana’s interview with BBC Panorama found that interviewer Martin Bashir had used deceptive methods to acquire the discussion, Prince Harry issued a long statement on the website.
They chose to issue a statement through their spokesperson when they welcomed their second child, Lilibet Diana, in June of last year.
Despite speculations that Harry may travel to the United Kingdom for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, which will take place during a four-day bank holiday from June 2 to June 5, they have remained silent on the monarch’s milestone. It was unclear whether Meghan or their two children would be joining him for the event.
It comes just weeks after Harry threatened to sue the UK government’s Home Office if he and his family are not given police protection while visiting the country.
Through his lawyers, the 37-year-old said that he “inherited a security risk at birth, for life,” which he maintains even after his retirement as a senior royal.
The Duke stated that his private security team is unable to provide the requisite police protection while in the United Kingdom and that he is even willing to pay for it. The statement noted that “in the absence of such protection, Prince Harry and his family are unable to return to his home.”